I was recently asked what were some of my favorite films. It is a question that gets asked of me several times a year and I don’t think I have ever set down to put pen to paper to create a list of my favorites. I do have a Moleskine Film Journal that I started keeping in the summer of 2011 that I purchased at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. I have been adding my movie stubs to it and will occasionally write the name of films that I watch on DVD or TV to it. I have created a running list of my favorite all time movies here but will list a few of my favorite films of 2011 below:
- Drive – This movie had so much swagger. To call it “cool” would be an understatement.
- Hugo – A great film that helps make some history of the cinema into a palpable story.
- Super 8 – If there was an award for making a film most likely to have been lost by Steven Spielberg, this would be it. Great on all points.
- Crazy Stupid Love
- The Descendants
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1 & 2
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes
- Real Steel
- The Adjustment Bureau
Not a bad list there. What were a few of your favorite films from this year?